I’m so bad at keeping up with this blog. I’ve been incredibly busy, with a brand new job (!!!), running some races and keeping my head screwed on straight. So here I am, announcing the latest in my life, in a series of bullet points:
- I got a new job! A well-paying job with the greatest commute from my house in the ❤️ of Manhattan in a field I want to be in! I work as a staffing assistant (glorified term for admin) at a super important and well known agency. I’m super happy to have found this job at a time where I was struggling to deal with terrible circumstances at my old job. Onward and upward!
- I’ve removed myself almost completely from social media (starting today, lol). I’ve deactivated my Facebook, Instagram, and only kept my Twitter active to share my blog posts. I’m hoping that this removal will help me begin to start focusing on myself and not on the immaturity and issues within social media. Again, onward and upward!
- I ran my personal best at my 5k this past weekend. It was at Roosevelt Island, was freeeezing cold, and I developed a pretty brutal cough but I PR’d! 30.49 to be exact, and I’m pretty proud of myself considering my feet are 20° inverted and my doctor screwed me over – which leads me to my next point.
- My incompetent doctor completely lost the impressions he took of my feet to start to correct the 20° inversion of my feet. They told me on the phone that the factory had burned down, before then telling me that it was just that the doctor lost the impression of my damn feet. Now I have a half marathon on Sunday, and no support for my fucked up feet.
- I have a half marathon on Sunday. Didn’t train for it, but am going to crush it (God willing). I’m out to prove legitimately everyone wrong on this one, because I’m running the marathon on November and need to get on my A-game. And it starts here. My chance to show everyone who voted that I couldn’t run a marathon wrong (watch out, y’all). I’m also not quite sure how I’ll be getting to this race… five days to figure it out!
So there you have it. The most important updates from my seemingly boring life. Things can only get better from here, right?